Teltek, a Frederick Maryland business, is seeking a Business Development Specialist. This position will primarily consist of growing Teltek’s base of customers by identifying, sourcing, and selling technology products and services to new prospective clients. Additionally, the eligible candidate will be given a base of existing customers and be responsible for Account Management for contract renewals, upselling/cross-selling and referrals. Eligible candidates should be reliable, dynamic self-starters with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work autonomously. Additionally, a clean driving record and background will be required. A company vehicle, laptop and cell phone will be provided following the introductory period.
- Generate new business opportunities through client contacts, onsite visits, and business networking.
- Account management: segment of existing base of customers for engagement, retention cross-selling, upselling and referral business
- Build relationship with potential new clients
- Manage multiple campaigns simultaneously, cold calling and other lead generation activities to meet KPI and business development metrics.
- Identity and contact small to mid-sized business to assess technology challenges and needs to generate new business opportunities to pitch Teltek products and services
- Online prospecting via social media platforms and business lead groups
- Coordinate with sales and marketing team to develop proposals
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Assist project teams to ensure contracts are executed as agreed
- Visit client sites to conduct site surveys, complete basic sales engineering and Facilitate client presentations and technology demonstrations
- Stay up to date with industry and competitor trends and prices
- Occasional time outside of business hours will be required
- Sales and general administration functions to support the team and greater business
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; high school diploma/GED required
- 3-5+ Years of successful B2B Sales experience is required, technology sales strongly preferred
- Some formalized technology training/education/certification(s) or equivalent on the job experience (Microsoft Network+ and A+, MCSE/MCP, CCNA, etc.)
- Can-do, positive attitude and team player and the willingness to take whatever initiative necessary to service customer needs efficiently
- Strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills a must!
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, follow through and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated, hardworking and an independent self-starter
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Security Clearance: Not Required
Visit www.tinyurl.com/9d9kufn9 to complete the Teltek job application, eligible candidates will be contacted within 5 business days from submittal. Please do not call or visit the Teltek offices.