- You need IT support, but are having trouble finding qualified people you can really depend on and trust.
- An in-house IT team sounds like a great option, but the cost is prohibitive and you need a team with diverse technology skill sets.
- You’ve invested in technology systems and architecture, but are frustrated by how poorly they are performing and how quickly it becomes obsolete.
- You’d rather not shoulder the burden and expense of managing an IT team, providing ongoing training, and updating equipment.
There’s no denying that technology dominates the way we do business, manage organizations, and stay connected. This heavy reliance has created an equally heavy demand for qualified technology professionals who know how to keep your core systems and networks operating as they should, minimizing interruptions.
Common issues include:
- Security threats
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Reactive system maintenance (waiting until something fully breaks down, without a strategic IT plan in place)
- Programs and tools that don’t work
- Integration issues: getting new technology to work alongside systems and applications you already have in place
- Difficulty communicating with customers
- Having to manage multiple vendors