If you’re using Windows 8 on a tablet, it’s pretty easy to navigate the new OS. But if you don’t have a touch screen, here are some keyboard shortcuts to help you get to what you’re looking for as quickly as possible. Below are 10 of our favorites, in alphabetical order!
1. Windows Key + C: Displays Charms menu
2. Windows Key + D: Activates Desktop mode
3. Windows Key + E: Launches Internet Explorer
4. Windows Key + F: Opens universal search menu to search files
5. Windows Key + H: Brings up Share menu for the current app
6. Windows Key + I: Displays the Settings menu for the current app
7. Windows Key + L: Will lock your screen and not unlock without a password
8. Windows Key + P: Allows you to connect to a second screen
9. Windows Key + Q: Brings up the apps search menu
10. Windows Key + R: Opens Run menu to launch programs
For more information about Windows 8 and how it can be used to increase productivity in your office, call Teltek IT today!
Teltek is proud to offer IT services as the fourth component to our multi-systems approach as your single source technology services company. This Managed Service Provider (MSP) offering completes our longstanding goal to provide our clients with a one-call resource for all of their business technology needs. IT outsourcing, remote back up and disaster recovery, helpdesk support, computer network relocations, security products and server/desktop virtualization are just a few of the services available.