Does your small or mid-sized business use cloud computing to stay connected from anywhere in the world? If you haven’t started taking advantage of all of the capabilities of the cloud yet, you’re in the small minority of business owners who haven’t started yet! If you’ve been putting off investing in cloud computing due to one of these misconceptions, get in touch with Teltek as soon as possible.
8 Misconceptions About Cloud Computing
- Clouds are one-size-fits-all: The cloud is designed to accommodate businesses of any size, whether you need a massive amount of storage space to place back-ups in or a moderate amount of space to keep employees connected during the day. The cloud can be adapted to meet the exact needs and specifications of your business!
- Everything belongs in the cloud: While it’s very useful to have the cloud as an option, you shouldn’t run 100% of your business in the cloud. Think of the cloud as a supplement or tool you can use to run your business, not the only place to store everything. Our experts can help you find the right way to use the cloud for your needs.
- The cloud is expensive: If you choose to partner with an expensive company that locks you into extensive contracts, the cloud can be expensive. However, if you partner with Teltek, you can take advantage of affordable services scaled up or down for your business.
- You have to choose: The cloud is not an “either/or” choice that your business needs to make! Instead, it is something that you can use in combination with your existing physical servers and infrastructure. Many organizations experience the most benefits when they use a combination of the two.
- Virtualizing is all that you need to succeed: While virtualizing your servers is a great tool that the cloud affords businesses, you need support from a business like Teltek to make sure that you get the most out of your usage. Only virtualizing your servers is like choosing the destination for your vacation and not doing any other planning!
- The cloud makes your business vulnerable: When you work with a professional cloud services company, storing data in the cloud can actually be safer than having it on-premise thanks to increased security and proactive monitoring.
- Building a cloud takes too long: Excellent cloud computing providers will help you through the migration process and have your new system set up in days, not months.
- Cloud computing is unreliable: The cloud often does a superior job of backing up systems than traditional methods. If you struggle to get consistent back-ups, your business could benefit from the cloud in a big way.
Explore Cloud Computing for Business with Teltek
Teltek is a leader in cloud computing services for businesses of every size. If you are ready for a better way to communicate with your employees, co-workers and customers and learn more about how we can benefit your company, contact Teltek today. For a complimentary consultation, give us a call today at 1-866-9-TELTEK or 410-552-6580.