- An estimated 70% of business callers are put on hold.
- 90% of callers prefer messages on hold over silence or radio.
- 15% to 20% of callers make purchases based on information they heard on hold.
- Informs the caller of information about the company, such as hours, services, or locations.
- Entertains the caller, which gives the impression that the time spent on hold is shorter than what it really is.
- Assures the caller that their call is still connected.
Source: Premier Technologies dealer connect email