NEC is very pleased to announce the introduction of SL1100 Release 3.5 software, which provides some significant system enhancements:
- PCPro with Categorized View
PCPro has been enhanced to streamline SL1100 system programming, by providing a new view that categorizes the programs!
Multiple programs – that were previously on separate pages – are now all grouped together for ease of programming!
There are five categories:
- System (Blades, Numbering, Timers, etc.)
- Stations (Configuration, Department Groups, etc.)
- Lines (Configuration, Incoming, Toll Restriction, etc.)
- InMail (Configuration, Answer Tables, Call Routing, etc.)
- Maintenance (Alarms, Licensing, etc.)
There are now two programming formats presented:
- Standard (New categorized view)
- Advanced (The view that takes you to all the programs)
Another “ease of programming” enhancement is that PCPro no longer requires logging in, as it now just opens up at the Installer level.
- System capacities increased:
Support of 4th Cabinet increases maximum of station ports and analog trunks –
- Maximum of digital station ports increased from (72) to (96)
- Maximum of analog station ports increased from (60) to (80)
- Maximum of all station ports (digital, analog, and IP) increased from (84) to (112)
- Maximum of analog trunk ports increases from (36) to (48)
Maximum of InMail subscriber mailboxes increases from (84) to (112)
Important: Installation of a 4th cabinet requires system software 3.5 or higher and an updated version of the Main KSU (p/n 1100010). A Main KSU is only compatible if the fourth character of the “Lot No.” is “D” or higher. The lot number can be viewed on the Main KSU itself as well as on the carton. Note: The Main KSU modification is not field upgradable!
Example of compatible Main KSU Lot Number: 118DDA-G
- Network port capacity Increased:
Maximum of networked system ports increased from (168) to (256)
- NEC uMobility WiFi Client:
This is a state of the art SIP application that connects a supported smart phone to the SL1100 over the customer’s WiFi network.
This solution provides a user with a SIP softphone for the iPhone®, Android™ phone, or Blackberry® phone. The following functions are allowed:
- Answer incoming calls to the associated SL1100 system directly from the smartphone.
- Make calls from the smart phone using the SL1100 system’s outside lines, masking your personal cell phone number.
- Use the smart phone through WiFi at the office, at home, or at a public hotspot (VPN is required).
- Hold and transfer calls to other stations in the SL1100.
- Access the SL1100 voice mail from the smart phone.
The NEC uMobility Client requires a no-charge “app” from the associated app store and an SL1100 3rd-Party SIP Station License (p/n 1100089). Each uMobility station uses an SL1100 IP station port, and therefore the system must be equipped with a VoIP Daughter Board.
For example, this is an image of the NEC uMobility iPhone® app at the Apple store:
Refer to the NEC SL1100 Features and Specifications Manual for details, including a listing of tested smart phones and the OS required for each.
InMail Auto Setting:
When an InMail CompactFlash is installed (Warm Start or Cold Start), the InMail will automatically be assigned to ports 113 ~ 128.
Note – If the voice mail is already installed and the system is upgraded to version 3.5 or higher, the ports will not be automatically re-assigned.
To learn more about NEC Telephone systems for you Baltimore or Washington DC based business contact Teltek at 410.552.6580.
June 11th 2013 Release From NEC Channel